Welcome to the wonderful world of Evelyn Ilene!!!

Born December 1, 2008 at 3:57 pm, 7 lbs 10 oz, 19.5 inches

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Yesterday was a day of "firsts." Evie and I went to our first parent-baby group, which is appropriately called Cuddlebugs. There were about 20 moms, and even 2 dads, there with their 0-6 month old babes. Most of the kids were about 3 months, and it was fun to see where Evie will be developmentally in only a few short weeks! It was also great to talk with other new moms, and to see that Evelyn is not really as fussy in comparison to other infants as it sometimes seems when it's just the two of us at home and she's having a fussy day. Evelyn did awesome during the 2.5 hour session, and really seemed to enjoy seeing and hearing the new people and voices, especially the other babies. I was also amazed to hear that many of the 3-month old babies don't sleep longer at night than Evie does...it appears that she's a pretty good night sleeper. We regularly get 4-hour stretches of sleep in a row at night, and she's gives us 5 to 6 hours in a stretch at least a few times a week. She is also pretty easy to get back to sleep after she wakes up to eat at night, so I'm grateful for that. Evie often doesn't sleep a lot during the day, but I'd rather have that than the reverse situation!

Our other "first" yesterday was our first time taking Evelyn out to a restaurant. Luke and I took her to Cheeseburger in Paradise so we could grab a bite to eat. Overall, I would say it went well. Thank the lord for the "bebe au lait" cover, which makes it unbeleivably easy to nurse in public in a discreet way. It looks like I'm wearing a very goofy dress or shawl or something, but it made it possible for us to go out for dinner and not be the couple with the screaming baby interrupting everyone else's meal :) That couple was sitting next to us...and their screamer was about 5 years old....he even threw his head all the way back before letting out a deafening howl...followed by another, and another...you get the idea ;) Ha! The fun times we have to look forward to. I would love to think that Evie would never do such a thing, but I know better. No child is an angel all the time, even the most angelic ones.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have reached over and whacked the little nipper and then whacked the parents upside the head for not whacking their kid.
Uncle Todd

Correne said...

is it a hooter hider? I have one of those too but have yet to use it!