Welcome to the wonderful world of Evelyn Ilene!!!

Born December 1, 2008 at 3:57 pm, 7 lbs 10 oz, 19.5 inches

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Just like us



Just two random pics of Evie wearing her new fall hat - she grabbed it and decided to put it on the other day. It's a cute paige boy style corduroy number, and the li'l miss loves it. I think that might partially be due to the fact that it resembles her dad's baseball hats. Evie wants to do whatever we do these days, so when her dad put on his hat, the li'l miss just had to have hers as well. So cute!
I have to admit that sometimes Evie's desire to be "just like us" or "just like the big kids" makes me a little bit sad. I know that mimicking is part of toddler development and is an important learning tool, but sometimes it also seems like her toddlerhood is rushing by too quickly. Like she should hold off awhile on wanting to be a "big kid." As she grows up, I really do hope that we can impress upon Evie the importance and joy of just being a kid sometimes. Of being silly. Of being care free. Of being completely cared for. Of being too small to go down the water slide. Of being too young to stay up past 7, or to watch anything but G-rated shows. Maybe it's because I was forced to grow up too quickly, but whatever the reason, I hope that Evie takes her time. Adulthood comes soon enough as it is!

No comments: