Welcome to the wonderful world of Evelyn Ilene!!!

Born December 1, 2008 at 3:57 pm, 7 lbs 10 oz, 19.5 inches

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Conversations

It's been awhile since I posted about Evie's ever-expanding vocabulary and speech, so here I go! From the moment she wakes up until she's so tired she can't walk straight, the li'l miss chatters away. Her daddy thinks it's just because she's a girl (and of course they all talk all the time), but I think it has more to do with development than gender. A lot of the time, we're not quite sure what she's saying, but often we catch a few words and can figure it out. It's amazing how kids pick up on and mimic speech patterns even before they are all the way "there" when it comes to putting together a sentence. Here are some recent conversations I found particularly cute:

Evie, first thing on a sunday morning, standing in our sunroom and pointing out the sliding doors: Mama, pool outside...bubbles....PUPPY!!!!
Me: Ok, but how about we eat breakfast first?
Evie, nodding yes: CEREAL!!!!

Evie: Dada??
Me: He's playing softball tonight.
Evie: sof - bah, sof-bah, sof-bah!

Evie, just after blowing a raspberry on my back, and inbetween laughing hysterically: FUNNY!!! MORE!!!!

Me: Evie, what does the kitty say?
Evie: Keee?
Me: Yes, Evie, what does he say?
Evie: cow (at least it's close to meow!)

For the longest time, we thought Evie was obsessed with the word "yellow." She would say "lah - loo" and then we'd look for something yellow that she might have seen. Then one day as I was heading out the door, I blew Ev a kiss and said "love you." She immediately replied, "lah-loo!!" All this time, she's been trying to tell us she loved us, too....poor kid must have been so confused when she got "yes, Ev, that's a yellow car" in return!

Evie makes us smile every single day. Hope that a sneak peek into our recent conversations with her made you smile too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luke is right.
May I mumble dogface to the banana patch?
Uncle Todd