Welcome to the wonderful world of Evelyn Ilene!!!

Born December 1, 2008 at 3:57 pm, 7 lbs 10 oz, 19.5 inches

Friday, May 15, 2009

The Learning Gardens

Evie had a very big day today....her first official "day" of day care. I put the word "day" in quotes because she only spent 2.5 hours there. My first day back at work is in less than a week, so we're easing her (and me!) into it as much as possible. I'm happy to say that the li'l miss did very well. She didn't cry when I left (read "ran away so that I wouldn't turn back around"), played with her new li'l friends, took a 30-minute nap without a fuss, and was happily eating squash with her teacher Jaime when I came to get her. She even smiled for the camera when her other teacher Bridget took pictures of her in the highchair. The verdict from her teachers was that she's a "very sweet and smiley little girl." I agree on both counts and am glad that only I seemed to have a hard time with day care today. It's a wonderful place, but it's still hard to leave Evelyn. I've heard it gets easier, and it'll only be 3 days a week, but it's definitely going to take awhile for me to be comfortable with leaving Evie in the care of other people for that long. Wish me luck...I'm thinking I'm going to need it!

1 comment:

Correne said...

It gets easier, I promise! I bet 3 days a week will feel pretty ideal...I think it would for me!
Good luck:)