Welcome to the wonderful world of Evelyn Ilene!!!

Born December 1, 2008 at 3:57 pm, 7 lbs 10 oz, 19.5 inches

Thursday, February 5, 2009

2-month check-up

Yesterday we had Evelyn's 2-month well baby check-up. The little lady now weighs 11 lbs 14 oz and is 23 inches long, which puts her in the 75th percentile for both weight and height. It appears that her weight has now caught up to her height. Evie also got rave reviews from her pediatrician on her ability to hold her head up and her overall strength at this point. Just to show off, Evie started to roll over on the exam table when the doctor was examining her. The only thing that did not go particularly well was immunizations. Poor Evelyn just screamed and screamed, almost inconsolably, after getting her three shots. I felt just horrible, but know that it's important for her to get them. She seems back to normal this morning, but I think that the shots made her feel a little ill last night - she had a very hard time going to bed and kept waking up screaming. Neither of those things are typical for Evie...and hearing her wake up in such a state of despair was very sad. Once we finally got her to fall asleep and stay asleep, though, she slept for over 6 hours before waking again. If only I did the same - I kept waking up worried that she still wasn't feeling well and that somehow I hadn't heard her crying. I'm pretty sure that last part would never happen because I wake up to the tiniest sounds she makes, but I guess the worrying is probably a normal and good thing when you have a baby or child that doesn't feel well. Keeps you on your toes:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

by the time you have your 4th kid you won't even know they are missing.
Uncle Todd