Welcome to the wonderful world of Evelyn Ilene!!!

Born December 1, 2008 at 3:57 pm, 7 lbs 10 oz, 19.5 inches

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Cutie patootie

Just some fun pics from this afternoon: The li'l miss is still figuring out how to smile "naturally" on command:

Two-year-olds can be very trying at times, but it's also a very fun age. For Evie, language and independence are both exploding right now. Here are some funny/cute things she's said lately:


Evie: "It's probly good now." Said in response to pretty much anything that might be too hot...food, bath water, etc.


Evie: "Want a drink of my water, Dad?"

Dad: "No, thank you."

Evie: "It's not spicy."


Evie: "Oakley, come here, Oakley!!!!!" as she vigorously pats the bed for him to jump up.


Evie after dropping something: "Oopsie."


Evie telling mom how nap time in her big girl bed is going to go: "Mommy, you go downstairs. I cry. You come back."

Mom: "Evie, you don't need to cry. You're a big girl now and can sleep in your bed all by yourself."

Evie: "No, I cry. You come back."

She is sleeping in her big girl bed now, but it's still a bit of a struggle for naptime some days.


Evie, as she refused to pet the lambs on a recent farm outing: "It's not scary." Nope, Ev, it's not....but she still wasn't going near the 3-day-old lamb. The bunny was a hit, though.


Evie: "Go to Brynn's house and play?"

Mom: "Not today, Ev, Brynn's grandma is visiting her."

Evie, a bit confused: "No, MY grandpa. Not sharing."


Evie: "Mom, you have coffee? I have chocolate milk?" I've taken her through the Starbucks drive-thru a few times, and apparently now she's hooked. :) I'm not sure what she likes more, the chocolate milk treat or the cow on the box.

No comments: