Welcome to the wonderful world of Evelyn Ilene!!!

Born December 1, 2008 at 3:57 pm, 7 lbs 10 oz, 19.5 inches

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

11 months!

I realized it's been awhile since I've written much on here, and since Evie just recently hit the 11-month mark, I thought it would be a good time to write an update. It's amazing to me that the li'l miss is almost one year old. One whole year! It's gone by so fast, and so many things have changed. Evie's latest accomplishments include becoming an expert stair climber, learning to stand on her own, and figuring out how to clap open-handed and stack rings in the "right" order (biggest to smallest). She's on the verge of walking without support (still uses her push toys and furnture for support), and has become a much more effective communicator, which is very helpful. She often points at things that interest her, puts her arms up to be picked up, and has her own version of the "all done" sign (sort of looks like a helicopter). When her dad walks in the room, Evie's smile reaches her eyes and she bounces up and down in excitement. She's quick to give hugs and kisses, and makes me laugh many times every single day. I never realized how funny babies were before. Even so young, they have their own sense of humor. Yesterday, I tripped over a toy and caught myself just before falling....arms and legs flying about me. Evie threw her head back and laughed hysterically - a slapstick comedy show just for her!

The last few months have been so much fun, and we're very much looking forward to our first Thanksgiving with Evie and the first Christmas where she may actually be interested in things like presents and pretty lights on the tree. I'm guessing the wrapping paper may be the most exciting part for her....but we'll see soon enough! Thanks for keeping up with our little girl - we hope you enjoy the blog!

No comments: